GET READY TO DO YOUR SNOW DANCE!
The SKI for MS Vertical Challenge returns to Vail on Saturday, April 1, 2023! Bring your best costume and come shred pow during the ski and snowboard event of the season!
- 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM: Registration, Bib, and Wristband Pick-Up* SKI for MS tent by Gondola One/Express Lift
- 10:00 AM: First Chair with Jonny Moseley & Group Photo Gondola One
- 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM: Vertical Challenge
- 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM: Free Ski with Jonny Meet at the top of Chair 4 (Mountaintop Express Lift) by the Legendary Back Bowls sign
- 1:15 PM - 2:30 PM: Deck Party Meet at the deck beside the Legendary Back Bowls sign
- 1:45 PM - 2:45 PM: Moseley’s Mogul Mayhem Meet at the top of Chair 4 (Mountaintop Express Lift) by the Legendary Back Bowls sign
- 2:45 PM: Jimmie Heuga Memorial Ski Down Bottom of Chair 2 (Avanti Express Lift)
- 3:00 PM - 5:30 PM: Après Party Express Lift Bar
*Free breakfast pastries available for participants
Free beer, appetizers, live music, auction, prizes for best costumes, top fundraisers, & Vertical Challenge winners!
Note: Online registration closes at 11:59 PM on Friday, March 31st. You can still register day-of at the SKI for MS tent by Gondola One from 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM.
How it works
- On April 1st, check-in begins at 8:30 am at the SKI for MS tent by Gondola One.
- Start tracking the pow! The Vertical Challenge begins at 10 am.
- Carve to a stop! Every vertical foot counts until 3 pm. You have the entire mountain to carve out your own adventure.
- Submit your vertical feet HERE by 3pm.
- Rip your way to après, winners will be announced during the après party!
How to track your vertical feet
There are several options! SKI for MS does not endorse one app over another.
- Epic Mix App or use an app of your choice that will track your vertical feet.
- Use a watch (Suunto, Apple, Garmin, etc.). Just show us your watch totals!
- Go old school. Count your runs and use a map of the mountain to calculate your vertical feet. We trust you!
Raise Funds. Earn Prizes!
Every dollar you fundraise makes an impact AND gets you that much closer to some awesome prizes! Even better, the prizes are cumulative!
- $1,000: Smartwool $100 Gift Card
- $2,500: Patagonia $250 Gift Card
- $5,000: Peter Glenn $500 Gift Card
- $10,000: $1,000 Travel Package*
- $500 Hotel Gift Card
- $500 Airline Gift Card
- $20,000: QuietKat Villager Urban E-Bike
*Your choice of hotel and airline that offer gift cards
Advance room reservations with a 10% discount may be made based on availability by contacting the following number: 1-855-332-1601; select option #1 to reach the Colorado resorts, and then option #4 for Vail lodging options. This number is for the following resorts:
- The Lodge at Vail
- The Arrabelle at Vail Square
All Group attendees must identify themselves as part of the group by referencing the following group code: SVLCMS23 OR refer to the: SKI for MS group.
We are committed to keeping our participants and staff as safe as possible while still providing a gnarly ski day and après party!
SKI for MS safety protocols will comply with local, state, and federal COVID-19 guidelines at the event. Please stay home if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID -19 test results, or have had close contact with a person who has tested positive or who has symptoms.
Visit Vail Mountain to learn more about COVID-19 mountain guidelines.
HELPFUL LINKS TO GET STARTED
Register | Participant Center | FAQs | Fundraising Tools | Connect Your Fundraiser to Facebook
Ready, Set, Track!
Join the SKI for MS squad this winter to help shred multiple sclerosis! 100% of fundraising proceeds directly benefit families living with MS.